The new Cabinet for North East Lincolnshire Council has been agreed for 2013-14 at the council’s Annual General Meeting.
- Cllr Chris Shaw will continue as the Leader of the Council and will also now become the Portfolio Holder for Regeneration and Assets.
- Cllr Burnett will continue as the Deputy Leader of the Council and as the Portfolio Holder for Tourism, Leisure and Culture
- Cllr Wheatley: Portfolio Holder for Health, Wellbeing and Adult Social Care
- Cllr Billard: Portfolio Holder for Finance and Governance
- Cllr Lindley: Portfolio Holder for Children’s Services
- Cllr Oxby: Portfolio Holder for Environment and Housing Cllr Chase: Portfolio Holder for Safer and Stronger Communities
- Cllr James: Portfolio Holder for Citizens and Inclusion
Councillor Chris Shaw, Leader of the Council, said: “We face a series of challenges in our authority, and with our priorities of stronger economy and stronger communities, we are determined to tackle these challenges head on and make the most of the opportunities they present.
“The changes to responsibilities will make the most of the councillors and their particular backgrounds, bringing their experience and local government know-how to the front. I look forward to working with the new Cabinet and indeed all our council members to do the best we can for this area.”