It’s that time of year again when the dancing shoes get dusted off and party season begins in earnest. Letting your hair down after a long year is a welcome treat when the winter weather has closed in. Thinking about contraception might not be high on your list of priorities at this time but a bit of preparation could make your party season.
Condoms don’t take up much room in your pocket or handbag but can make your night if you take them. Why? You’re prepared and can relax and enjoy yourself without the stress of thinking what might go wrong. Alright, on the night you might not be that worried if alcohol is involved but you certainly would be the next day.
Free condoms are available from pharmacies displaying the ACT logo, Sexual Health North East Lincolnshire, and some GP practices.
Make sure you have enough of your contraceptive pill to see you through the festive season and if you experience any symptoms of overindulgence talk to your contraception provider as diarrhoea and vomiting can affect the efficacy of the pill.
Accidents can happen but over the festive period it’s still possible to get access to emergency contraception, should you need it, from Sexual Health North East Lincolnshire, your GP and pharmacies displaying the ACT logo.
If you do have reason to believe you have picked up more than you thought you would at Christmas, contact Sexual Health North East Lincolnshire on 0300 33 1122 to get advice about STI testing and treatment, pregnancy testing and decision making.
Notes to Editors
Christmas and New Year Opening times of the Sexual Health service at Stirling Street Medical centre, Stirling Street Grimsby:
- Mon 23 Dec 9am to 9pm (evening walk-in until 8pm)
- Tuesday 24 Dec (Xmas Eve) 9am to 5pm (appointments and all day walk-in)
- Weds 25 Dec Xmas Day CLOSED
- Thurs 26 Dec Boxing Day CLOSED
- Fri 27 Dec 9am to 5pm - appointments and all day walk-in
- Saturday 28 Dec: Appointments Clee Medical 9 to 12.30am (emergency walk-ins
Appointments Stirling St Medical Centre 13.30 to 5pm (emergency Walk-ins)
- Mon 30 Dec 9am to 9pm (evening walk-in until 8pm)
- Tuesday 31 Dec (New Years Eve) 9am to 5pm (appointments and all day walk-in)
- Weds 1 Jan New Years Day CLOSED
- Thurs 2 Jan 9am to 9pm (evening walk-in until 8pm)
- Fri 3 Jan 9am to 5pm - Appointments and all day walk-in
- Saturday 4 Jan: Appointments Clee Medical 9 to 12.30am (emergency walk-ins) Appointments Stirling St Medical Centre 13.30 to 5pm (emergency walk-ins)
From January 6 at Stirling Street Medical Centre, Stirling Street Grimsby:
- Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm - appointments and walk-ins.
- Mon to Thurs - walk-ins 17.30 to 8pm
- Friday - appointments and emergency walk-ins.
- Saturdays: - 9am to 5pm appointments and emergency walk-ins:Clee Medical 9.00 - 12.30pm; Stirling St 13.30 - 17.00
Central Appointment Booking Line 0300 3301122.