The Council has published its Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan and made the document available for inspection.
Re-arranged date for Oasis Academy Immingham drop-in session confirmed for 21 March between 4:30 and 6:00pm.
The Local Plan has been prepared at a time when there genuine opportunities for economic growth in North East Lincolnshire. We are already seeing the signs of a new and exciting future for the Borough with the increase in new industries choosing the area. The challenge is continuing to capture this potential.
The Local Plan is a plan for growth and aims to ensure that North East Lincolnshire becomes a sustainable location in which people can live, work, and enjoy their recreation, both now and in the future. It sets out the Council’s strategy for development, including why, where and how the Borough will grow up to 2032.
Consultation with the public and stakeholders is an important part of preparation the Local Plan and especially so at this Pre-Submission stage. At this stage the plan is getting close to the point at which it will be submitted to the Government for independent inspection. Before that happens, comments (also known as representations) made at this stage will be given careful consideration and further changes and refinements may be suggested. These will be set out in a ‘modifications statement’ and also submitted to the Government.
How can I make comments
Comments are invited on the Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan for a period of just over six weeks. Commencing on Monday 29 February and ending at 5:00pm on Wednesday 13 April 2016.
All comments must be submitted in writing and within the consultation period and received by the Council by 5:00pm on Wednesday 13 April 2016. Late representations will not be accepted.
Where possible comments should be made via our online consultation portal at: http://nelincs-consult.objective.co.uk/portal this will ensure that comments are related to matters relevant to the subsequent examination by a Planning Inspector.
Your comments should:
- Include your contact details and that of your agent, where appointed;
- Say precisely how the Local Plan should be changed;
- Be supported by evidence showing why the Local Plan should be changed;
- Include all information and evidence necessary to support your comments; and,
- Indicate if you wish to participate at the oral part of the examination, outlining why you consider this to be necessary
Alternatively comments should be made on the prescribed consultation questionnaire which is available to download from this page.
Completed questionnaires should be returned by email to: email@example.com or posted to:
2 Origin Way
Request to be kept informed
You can ask to be notified of the following stages in the Local Plan preparation:
- The submission of the Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government for independent examination;
- Publication of the recommendations of any person appointed to carry out an independent examination of the Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan; and/or,
- The adoption of the Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan.
Where can I find out more?
Copies of the Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan and its supporting documents are available to view in the following ways during the consultation period:
Online via our:
Paper copies are available for inspection, during normal opening hours at:
- The customer services desk, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby;
- The Council’s temporary office in Immingham library, Pelham Road, Immingham;
- The four Lincs Inspire libraries in Grimsby, Immingham, Cleethorpes and Waltham;
- The Gingerbread House community hub, Church Lane, Humberston;
- Grant Thorold community hub and library, Durban Road, Grimsby; and,
- Scartho community library, St Giles Avenue, Grimsby.
Drop-in and talk to us
A series of drop-in sessions have been arranged where members of the Spatial Planning Team will be available to answer questions regarding the consultation. The following drop-in sessions have been confirmed:
|Cleethorpes Library, meeting room
||Monday 29 February 2016
||10:00am to 1:00pm
|3:00pm to 6:00pm
|Oasis Academy Immingham
||Saturday 5 March 2016
||10:00am and 2:00pm
|Monday 21 March 2016
|Freshney Place Shopping Centre, Grimsby (near Marks and Spencer)
||Thursday 17 March 2016
||9:00am and 5:30pm
|Friday 18 March 2016
Please note: This table will be updated if and when any additional drop-in sessions are confirmed, please check back regularly for updates.
What happens next?
We will work to process the comments we receive, and make them available to view on our consultation portal, as quickly as we possibly can following receipt. We will consider the comments received and prepare a ‘Modifications Statement’ setting out where we consider changes could be made to the Local Plan. These changes will be considered by the appointed Planning Inspector during the examination.
Submission and examination
The Local Plan, supporting documents and all the representations received (including any supporting evidence you provide) will be submitted to the Secretary of State in summer 2016 for examination. The examination is then expected to take place later in 2016, and it is anticipated that this will be followed by adoption of the Local Plan in summer 2017. Further information about the examination process is available on the Planning Inspectorate website.